The Board of Cukunft Jewish Association prepares a year round operating program of all planned activities of the Association on an annual basis according to the Jewish calendar: from September/October to September/October of the following year.
At the end of each calendar year the Board of Cukunft presents and publishes a statement of merit on all activities of the Association, while annual financial statements are publised till 30 June, which are reported till July 10 every year to the IRS and NCR.
Annual financial report for year 2016 was approved by the General Assembly on 30.06.2015 and for Year 2015 on 26.06.2016.
Statement of Merit of the CUKUNFT Jewish Association’s Board for Year 2016 was published 31.12.2016 and for Year 2015 published 31.12.2015.
You will find their full texts in a folder CONTACT.
STATEMENT OF MERIT 2017
In 2017, the Cukunft Jewish Association implemented numerous educational and socio-cultural projects – events, lectures and workshops for both Jews and non-Jews living in Poland, Germany and Israel interested in the Jewish culture and history of Polish Jews.
PROJECTS FOR EDUCATION & INTEGRATION OF MEMBERS OF JEWISH COMMUNITIES
1) Sports and integration activities for all age groups – Hasmonea Jewish Sports Club – football, basketball, volleyball, bowling, sport shooting.
2) Organization of Jewish birthdays for members of Cukunft – Bis120! – Jewish Birthday.
3) 4 meetings for members of the Jewish community in Wroclaw – Jewish Cultural Club (JCC Wroclaw) – galleries, cinemas, Musical Theater Capitol + Grandmother and Grandfather’s Days,
4) Workshops: “The Jewish Unity Day” – visits to small local Jewish communities and integration activities, Wroclaw-Walbrzych-Zary, 07-13/06/2017.
5) Organization of 4 Sabbath dinners as part of the ‘Home-Made Sabbath’ project.
6) The celebration of the Tubi Shvat, the Jewish New Year of Trees in Wroclaw.
7) Co-organization with TSKZ Zary Jewish holidays: Rosh Hashana, Chanuka, Purim, Pesach beMizvada: Pesach in a Suitcase, 14/04/2017.
8) Co-organization with TSKZ Walbrzych Jewish holidays: Rosh Hashana, Chnuk, Pesach beMizvada: Pesach in a Suitcase, 11/04/2017.
9) Co-organization in cooperation with Halal Panui (Israel) – Selihot Tel Aviv – a socio-cultural event in one of the abandoned synagogues, Tel Aviv, Israel, 22/09/2017.
10) Co-organization in cooperation with Halal Panui (Israel) – Hoshana Raba Tel Aviv – socio-cultural event in one of the abandoned synagogues, Tel Aviv, Israel, 10/10/2017.
11) Co-organization of Chanukah in the Jewish community and TSKZ in Bielsko-Biala, 14/12/2017.
EDUCATIONAL AND SOCIO-CULTURAL PROJECTS IN POLISH PUBLIC SPACE POPULARIZING THE SPIRITUAL AND MATERIAL JEWISH HERITAGE, AND COUNTERACTING ANY INTOLERANCE, DISCRIMINATION AND ANTI-SEMITISM
1) Participation in Living Libraries in Wroclaw.
2) 5 lectures for the University of the III Century in Wrocław:
– Lecture: Pesach beMizvada: Pesach in Suitcase – Pesach and Seder holiday in theory and practice – conducted by: Aleksandra Wilczura, Firlej, 13/04/2017.
– Lecture: Calendar and Jewish holidays – conducted by: Aleksandra Wilczura, EWST, 21/04/2017.
– Lecture: Jewish humor and Autoironia – conducted by: Robert Chmielewski, EWST, 26/05/2017.
– Lecture: Gemilut Chasadim – Jewish Tracks for Volunteering – conducted by: dr Grzegorz Piekarski-Reifer, EWST, 16/06/2017.
– Lecture and Workshops: New Year’s baking challot for Rosh Hashanah – conducted by: Aleksandra Wilczura, EWST, 08/09/2017.
3) Lecture: Contemporary Jewish Identity in Poland – conducted by: Aleksandra Wilczura, Institute of Polish Philology in Wroclaw, 20/04/2017.
4) Lecture: Cukunft’s good educational practices – conducted by: Jan Kirschenbaum, Aleksandra Wilczura, Polin Museum, 11-12/05/2017.
5) Lecture: Kosher or what? On the concept of kosher in the Jewish tradition, conducted by: Moti Nowakowski, The Edelman Dialogue Centre in Lodz, 15/05/2017.
6) Lecture: Jewish holidays during the Night of Museums – Simchat Chajim Festival – conducted by: Jan Kirschenbaum, Aleksandra Wilczura, Jarocin, 20/05/2017.
7) Lecture: Jewish holidays – Simchat Chajim Festival – conducted by: Jan Kirschenbaum, Aleksandra Wilczura Krotoszyn, 21/05/2017.
8) Jewish cut-out workshops – conducted by: Joanna Matyjasek (Cukunft) – Jewish Culture Festival in Bialystok “Zachor – Color and Sound”, Poland-Israel Center for Civic Education, Jewish Religious Community in Warsaw, 12/06/2017.
9) FARIDA – Female Activists Render Inclusive Democratic Agenda – a nationwide project of 11 minority organizations to strengthen their female leaders and promote equal opportunities for women from minority groups – financed by the National Democratic Institute (NDI), 01-30/08/2017.
10) Lecture: Signs of the zodiac in Jewish culture – conducted by: Aleksandra Wilczura, Pardes Festival, Kazimierz Dolny, 16/08/2017.
11) Jewish cut-out workshops – conducted by: Joanna Matyjasek (Cukunft), Pardes Festival, Kazimierz Dolny, 16/08/2017.
12) School and pre-school layettes for children from the Jewish Community in Łodz and Wroclaw – social action of Cukunft, 29/08/2017.
13) Educational and sport-rehabilitation materials for children from the Jewish Kindergarten in Lodz, 29/08/2017.
14) Lower Silesian Festival of Jewish Culture 2017, conducted by: Aleksandra Wilczura:
– co-organization with TSKZ Dzierzoniow, 22-23 / 09/2017,
– co-organization with TSKZ Zary – Performance of Reifer Sisters (Israel), 24/09/2017,
– co-organization with TSKZ Legnica 08/10/2017,
– co-organization with TSKZ Walbrzych, 07/10/2017.
15) Organization of Shabbos Project – Workshop of baking challah – Wroclaw, 27/10/2017.
16) Participation in 2017 Annual Colloquium on Fundamental Rights: Women’s rights in turbulent times – participation: Jan Kirchenbaum, Aleksandra Wilczura, Brussels, Belgium, 20-21/11/2017.
17) Organization of the 4th Tzedakah Day, the Jewish Charity Day as a part of the World Day of the Mitzvah (27/11/2017), in cooperation with JCC Warsaw, JCC Krakow, Junction, JDC, Charles and Lynn Schusterman Family Foundation, Hanadiv Europe and Mitzvah Day 365 UK – coordination : Jan Kirschenbaum, Aleksandra Wilczura, Ewa Pacult, 19/11/-07/12/2017:
– collection of food, cleaning products, toys, books and school and office materials,
– donating blood to the Regional Blood Donation Center,
– organization of Hanukkah for children and parents in the City Library at Reja Street in Wroclaw.
18) Co-organization of the 2nd National Conference – Religion in Education – University of Wroclaw / Cukunft / EWST, 08/12/2017.
19) Debate ‘Freedom of information and fake news’ organized by the European Parliament – Information Office in Wroclaw, devoted to the Sakharov Prize for freedom of thought – participation: Aleksandra Wilczura, DCF, 18/12/2017.
TRAININGS ANDASSISTANCE IN EDUCATION OF CUKUNFT’S MEMBERS
1) Training for members of Westbury Group Europe and grantees of Recognition Grants 2016 – participation: Aleksandra Wilczura, Vienna – Austria 15-17/ 01/2017.
2) 2nd workshop “Interfaith and inter-ethnic coalition-building to combat xenophobic and religious discrimination”, National Democratic Institute, Bureau of Democracy, Human Rights, and Labor – US Department of State, Warsaw, 11-13/02/2017.
3) 3rd workshop “Interfaith and inter-ethnic coalition-building to combat xenophobic and religious discrimination”, National Democratic Institute, Bureau of Democracy, Human Rights, and Labor – US Department of State, Krakow, 17-19 /03/2017.
4) Training for members of Westbury Group Europe and grantees of Recognition Grants 2016 – participation: Aleksandra Wilczura, Copenhagen – Denmark, 7-9/05/2017.
5) 4th workshop “Interfaith and inter-ethnic coalition-building to combat xenophobic and religious discrimination”, National Democratic Institute, Bureau of Democracy, Human Rights, and Labor – US Department of State, Warsaw, 8-9 /10/2017.
6) ROI 2017 Summit – participation: Aleksandra Wilczura, Jerusalem, Israel, 02-07/07/2017.
7) Participation in the AJDC (Joint) Lower Silesian Shabbaton for members of the Jewish communities from Lower Silesia, Polanica Zdroj, 24-26/03/2017.
MEMBERSHIP OF CUKUNFT IN NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL ORGANIZATIONS
1) Erasmus + MINS – a network of sports managers of European teams and sports clubs of religious, national and ethnic minorities.
2) Network of minority organizations associated in the coalition -INTERFAITH And Interethnic Coalition-Building To Combat Xenophobia And Religious-Based Discrimination – NDI Poland.
3) The Westbury Group Europe.
4) The Europe of Diasporas.
5) A coalition of Polish NGOs “Together Against Hate Speech”.
6) “Wroclaw Welcomes Refugees” Coalition.
7) Membership in the Polish Network of Anna Lindh Foundation.
8) Membership in a network of Mitzvah Day 365 UK.
CUKUNFT JEWISH ASSOCIATION’S PARTNERS:
1) Anna Lindh Foundation,
2) Mitzvah Day 365 Charity Network,
3) The Westbury Group,
4) Rosa Luxembourg Foundation,
5) Humanity in Action,
6) Charles & Lynn Schusterman Foundation,
7) ROI Community,
9) Paideia Project Incubator,
10) Nahum Goldmann Fellowship Program,
11) Magnus Hirschfeld Gesellschaft,
12) Marek Edelman Dialogue Centre in Lodz,
13) Socio-Cultural Association of Jews (TSKZ),
14) Second Generation Association,
15) Children of Holocaust Association,
16) Tikkun Olam Jewish Primary School,
17) Szalom Alejchem Jewish Primary School,
18) The Middle East Studies’ Magazine,
19) #CookJewishBeJewish Project,
21) Dolnośląski Fundusz Małych Inicjatyw,
22) Fundusz Inicjatyw Obywatelskich (FIO).
Delfina Krieger-Czerepak, Aleksandra Wilczura